Saturday, February 10, 2018

FY18 Q1 Finish - The Lion

So sorry for the photo overload on this post, but I just love how this finish turned out.  We had a fresh snow a couple days ago, so I was able to take it outside to photograph.  Then I finally hung it up in my bedroom, so I had to take some more photos...right?

The pattern is Violet Craft's Lion, and it is paper pieced out of Cherrywood hand-dyed fabrics.   Violet's patterns are so easy to follow.  I am going to make the Elephant next, then the Giraffe, then maybe the wolf (have to finish my pixalated wolf first.  The fabulous quilting was done by Natalia Bonner.











Linking back to the 2018 Finish-a-long: http://www.shecanquilt.ca/2018/04/can-you-believe-it-we-have-made-it-to.html

Linking back to my goals:https://quiltsbyheather.blogspot.com/2018/01/2018-q1-finish-long-goals-list.html

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! Well done. - FAL18Q1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love the lion quilt - yours turned out really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like the cherrywood fabrics and the texture they have.

      Delete
  3. This is stunning!!! I got the lion EPP pattern for Christmas and was just looking at it yesterday, so your lion really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I have the Elephant up next and the the giraffe. The EPP looks cool but I dont know that I have the patience.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful version of the lion. Violet Craft makes the best patterns and it's so fun to see them made up in different fabrics. Cherrywood gives a richness to it for sure. Thank you for joining in the Finish-A-Long from all of the 2018 hosts.

    ReplyDelete