Tuesday, February 6, 2018

FAL Q1 Finish - Bonnie Hunter On Ringo Lake mystery #2

So here is the second quilt I made as part of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery.

I am happy to say that this quilt is also a finish of one of my goals for the 2018 Finish-a-long.  You may notice I also changed up the colors on this one.  I decided to make this one as a gift for a very, very big Cubs fan.  The backing is made from Cubs fabric and the front is lots of Blues and Reds.  This one is controlled scrappy, based on what fat quarters and other fabric I had in my stash.  All of the fabrics for the top came from the stash!  Which makes it a nice stash buster (even though you can't tell by looking at my stash)!

As you can tell I changed up the sashing on this one.  I didn't have fun with the parallelograms on the first one, and saw something similar to this on Instagram, and decided to do it.

Best place to photograph a quilt in the winter...on my bed.

Close-up.  All over quilting since the fabrics are so busy and detailed quilting wouldn't show.

Cubs fabric on the back

All ready for it's new owner...after a bath.



Linking back to Bonnie Hunter: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/02/one-final-on-ringo-lake-link-up.html

Linking back to the 2018 Finish-a-long: http://www.shecanquilt.ca/2018/04/can-you-believe-it-we-have-made-it-to.html

Linking back to my goals:https://quiltsbyheather.blogspot.com/2018/01/2018-q1-finish-long-goals-list.html


6 comments:

  1. Such a awesome idea to use Cubs theme! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The solid sashing is a great variation. Congrats on your finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I saw the idea on Instagram and loved it. Didn't like making the parallelogram in my other version.

      Delete
  3. A great gift for a Cubs fan I'm sure! Well done on finishing this one, and changing the sashing to suit as well!
    On behalf of all our hosts, thank you for taking part in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chicago, whatta say? What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete