Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 - Q1 Finish-a-long Goals list

Here are my goals for Q1.  I am hoping to complete a good number of them, since I have been busy quilting lately and just need to square things up, or finish quilting them, and then bind and label.

Here we go.

#1 Glazed Donuts – I have finished the piecing and now need to bind and label.



#2 Licence Plate Quilt -  The top is done and quilted.  Now it just needs binding and a label.




#3 Kaleidoscope by Quilt Addicts Anonymous - This quilt was my 2017 Block of the Month.  This was the second year I had picked on BOM to do.  I am happy to say that it is all pieced and I even quilted it on December 30th.  Just haven't had time to trim it and then add binding and a label.



#4 - While at the Spring quilt show, I visited the Cherrywood table, and fell in love with their version of this lion.  I already had the pattern at home, so I purchased the fabrics.  I was able to get the Lion most of the way completed at my Summer Retreat, and then finsihed it as soon as I returned home.  I then sent it off to be quilted.  Once it’s returned (I can’t wait to see what the quilter does with it) I will bind and label it!  It should be done this quarter, as the quilter is beginning work on it this week!!!


#5 – Baby Breerwood quilt – My cousin is having a baby boy, which means it's time to make a boy quilt for her house.  I am making Jaybird Quilts Cookie Cutter.  I have the top all pieced and quilted it last week.  Now I just need to trim it and then bind it.



#6 Christmas Tree Wall hanging - I got this panel from a local quilt shop.  I've added borders and now just need to quilt it.  Think I'll get it done before next Christmas?


#7 - On Ringo Lake - version 1 - So I am participating in the Bonnie Hunter 2017 mystery quilt and here is my first version.  I have all of the blocks done but need to put the sashing together and then sew everything together.



#8 On Ringo Lake - Version 2 - Because doing just one quilt isn't enough....I am making two of this mystery quilt.  I am a bit behind on the second version.  The colors for the second one are Red, Blue, Cream and Black.  And it's actually scrappy...well controlled scrappy.  This one will be a gift for a family member.




#9 - Owl Quilt - Here is the inspiration for the quilt.


 #10 - Wolf Quilt - Here is the inspiration for the quilt.  I have purchased by fabric and have cut about half of the pieces.  Hopefully I will get a new design wall up soon, and then I can layout the entire top and continue working on it!



#11 Grandmother's flower garden – This quilt only needs binding, but will be on the list for a while as once it has a recipient I will pick the binding based on the babies gender.

#12 Weaving with Diving board fabric.  The weaving will either become a bag or a wall hanging.



#13 Family Rules wall hanging - I have pieced a border for this panel, and quilted it.  I just need to trim it and then add binding and a label.


#14 - I've been looking at this kit on the Quilt Addicts Anonymous website for a while now, so the other day I broke down and went in and bought it.  So now I just need to make it!!




#15 - Alphabet Soup - the letters are from Jaybird Quilts book Alphabet soup.  This top needs to be quilted, bound and labeled.



So, you may have noticed a trend.  I got lots of quilting done over my Christmas Break, but didn't work on binding at all!  So I am hopefully to have about 9 finishes in Q1.

Abandoned projects:
Wall Hanging: Totem Poles – I have officially decided to abandoned this project!


Shop Hop Quilt – in 2015 I made a quilt with half of the kits I purchased during my shop hop.   I have officially decided to abandoned this project and have added the fabric to my stash, and kept the patterns for if I ever want to make any of them.



Those are my goal for Q1!  I hope to finish many of them.

Link back to FAL: Marci Girl Designs Q1 linkup

10 comments:

  1. So many beautiful projects to work on this quarter. That owl is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. I can't wait to start the owl. Have to finish the lion and wolf first!!!

      Delete
  2. You have a amazing collection of wonderful projects to work on... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ambitious list!!! You can finish a lot of those-- they are super close to completion. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin. Yes I should be able to finish a bunch of them I have 6 or 7 of them ready for binding now, and I have an appt scheduled to quilt one of the Bonnie Hunter onews (at the end of the month). I am hoping to have a binding marathon one week to catch up on a show I have been watching.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a Long list, but also with a lot of "close projects". I always love the lions and the cookie cut quilt will be very cute. And my that owl... Wishing you good luck and lots of motivation and time for finishes!
    www.mell-Meyer.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie. I have 3 of the bindings done, and I have 6 more of these finishes waiting for me to hand sew the binding.

      Delete
  5. Nice list with lots of close finishes! Best kind of list. :) Your Ringo Lake is very pretty, and the colors for the second one sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette. I finished the Red-white-blue Ringo Lake this weekend. Love how it turned out. Very patriotic and Cubs!

      Delete