Monday, September 25, 2017

Q3 Finish - #1 Boomerang

I love blues and when I saw the Boomerang (by Jaybird Quilts) cover girl, I knew I was going to make this quilt in Blues and Greens.  I quilted this massive king sized quilt on Gertie at Quilting-by-You.  The quilt was so large I had to use Gertie for the first time.  Gertie doesn't have a stitch regulator, like I am used to, so I was a bit intimidated, but once I got going I was okay.  Next time I think I will be able to do a more detailed quilting design.  Either way I was able to finish this one up, and plan to put it on my bed this winter, as it will keep me nice and warm!


Sorry for the cruddy photo, as I went outside to photograph the quilts it started to rain :(

Link back to Q3 Goals: https://quiltsbyheather.blogspot.com/2017/06/2017-q3-finish-long-goals.html

Link back to the Finish-a-long: http://www.felicityquilts.com/2017/09/time-to-link-up-your-2017-q3-finish.html

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt, loving the colours! Well done on your Q3 finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I love the colors as well and can't wait to use it on my bed.

      Delete