Friday, November 30, 2018

Jaybird Quilts Miniatures

Last month I taught a miniatures class at my local quilt show.  Participants could choose from 3 Jaybird patterns.  Since I needed pieces for class I cut pieces for the Mini Lotus, and Mini Splash quilts.  The third quilt they could make was mini Tiny Dancer, but I have made that quilt 3 or 4 times and didn't want to make another, so I just cut sample pieces (that then went to my friend who loves scraps).

Of course when I did my FAL Q4 goals I knew I was teaching the class, but totally forgot to put the mini's on my goals list, so these don't count towards that drawing.  But I still wanted to get them done.



I also made these as shop samples in August at retreat, and apparently never blogged about them.  Mini Science Fair was supposed to be one for the class but I had issues with keeping the pieces from stretching, so I didn't want a beginner to pick that pattern and then get frustrated, so we removed it from the class options.  Not sure why I had so many issues with that one, as when I made the full sized version I didn't have those issues.



I had already made Mini Splash a couple years ago, so that became my class sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment