Friday, October 6, 2017

Q4 Finish-a-long Goals

Here are my goals for Q4, in no particular order (although to be fair, I did move the new projects to the top of the list since they are more likely to be completed).

#1 Glazed Donuts – Since I finished 7 quilts last week.  Yes you read that correctly (I was behind on binding), and finished a bag that was not on my goals list, I figured I would reward myself with cutting for a new quilt.  I’ve had the colored fabrics for a while now, and raided my stash and found that I had just enough solid black for the neutral.  I have made two baby quilts from this pattern, so I know what I am doing, and I am guessing this one will be quick and easy to put together.  This quilt will be added to my growing collection for my bed.



#2 Licence Plate Quilt - This fabric is from a shop hop in 2015 and some plates from 2016, and needs to be made into a quilt.  I previously had a different plan but then found a pattern with a car, and the plates around the car.  I need to applique the center and then piece the outer borders. I have picked up a few more licence plates in 2017, so I am hoping I have enough.


#3 Kaleidoscope by Quilt Addicts Anonymous - I am working on this quilt as a Block of the Month, which ends in December.  So, depending on when I get in to quilt this one, it may actually be complete by the end of the quarter.


#4 - Name for Ruby - Need to finish this.  It will be a pillow, and it needs to be done for Christmas.  The front is done it just needs quilting and then the back envelope.

#5 - Name for Pearl - Like the name for Ruby, I am making Pearl's name into a pillow, and it needs to be done for Christmas.


#6 - Lion - While at the Spring quilt show, I visited the Cherrywood table, and fell in love with their version of this lion.  I already had the pattern at home, so I purchased the fabrics.  I was able to get the Lion most of the way completed at my Summer Retreat, and then finsihed it as soon as I returned home.  I then sent it off to be quilted.  Once it’s returned (I can’t wait to see what the quilter does with it) I will bind and label it!  I am hoping it will be done this quarter.


#7 – Baby Breerwood quilt – My cousin is having a baby, not till 2018, but this calls for a baby quilt.  I am planning on doing the Cookie Cutter, by Jaybird Quilts pattern.  Here are the fabrics I am currently planning to use.

#8 Wall Hanging: Totem Poles – I haven’t worked on this in forever.  I either need to finish it or scrap it.  I really like the Totem Poles (there are two of them, but apparently my photo only shows one), but have learned better techniques to applique from the time I started this, so a decision needs to be made on if it’s going to actually be completed or if I will eventually abandon it.  I really thought the idea of these was great, but if I don’t work on these this quarter I am going to toss the project and add the border fabrics to my stash!


#9 Shop Hop Quilt – in 2015 I made a quilt with half of the kits I purchased during my shop hop.  The rest need to me put together into a second quilt.  Right now it's a pile of fabric for each row.


#10 Flower panels - While cleaning I found these, and had forgotten about them.  These panels are backed and need to be stitched and turned into a cute bag.  I have put this off for so long I think I am just going to toss these on the long-arm to do simple quilting (rather than trying thread painting), and make them into a quick and easy bag!


#11 Christmas Tree Wall hanging - I got this panel from a local quilt shop.  It just needs some borders and will make a cute wall hanging.  I know Christmas just ended, but if I do it now, it will be ready for next Christmas.


#12 - Owl Quilt - Here is the inspiration for the quilt.


 #13 - Wolf Quilt - Here is the inspiration for the quilt.  I have purchased by fabric and have cut about half of the pieces.  Hopefully I will get a new design wall up soon, and then I can layout the entire top and continue working on it!


#14 Grandmother's flower garden – This quilt only needs binding, but will be on the list for a while as once it has a recipient I will pick the binding based on the babies gender.

#15 Weaving with Diving board fabric.  The weaving will either become a bag or a wall hanging.



Those are my goal for Q4!  I hope to finish many of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment