Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Q3 Finish-a-long Summary

Here are my Goals for this quarter, in no particular order.

#1 Stain Glass Block of the month - This quilt will not be completed until Q4, but I want to make sure to keep it on the radar.  A group of friends all decided to do a paper pieced block of the month quilt.  The design is by Ula Lenz and the pattern can be found here

I currently am up to 9 blocks complete, after third quarter.



#2 Wall Hanging: Totem Poles – I didn't touch this project.



#3 Grandmother's flower garden – This was on the back burner, until I had a work trip scheduled in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I was able to get part of the top together but now need to put more flowers together.  I am also second guessing my decision to make this a baby quilt....which means it may end up as a Queen Sized quilt.  




#4 Inside Out Pineapple baby quilt - I found this pattern online as a free pattern, and think it would make a great baby quilt for my cousin who is expecting.  I was going to set the blocks next to each other, then when I pinned them up on my design wall and they rotated themselves, I got to thinking that on point might also be cute. 

I did not make any progress on this quilt, last quarter, or this quarter.  My cousin did find out she is having a boy....so pink isn't going to work...good news is another cousin is having a girl later this year.  So I changed gears, and made a little boy quilt and this will go to my other cousin's baby girl.


#5 Licence Plate Quilt - This fabric is from a shop hop last year, and needs to be made into a quilt.  I am thinking 1-2 borders on each plate, then piecing them all together.

Once again...I didn't touch this quilt.


 #6 Shop Hop Quilt - Last year I made a quilt with half of the kits I purchased during my shop hop.  The rest need to me put together into a second quilt.  Right now it's a pile of fabric for each row.

I didn't touch this project either.

#7 Monkey Gifts 
When working on this project last quarter it took a bit of a turn in design. The monkey in the pattern was bigger than I thought so rather than pin cushions I am making a friendship quilt that will be in 8 pieces.  This will get done in quarter 3, as it's for my retreat in October.

I have the blocks done, but need to do the binding.  This will be done in Q4 for sure!


#8 Doll Quilt - All done!


 #9 Baby Quilt - All done!


#10 Tissue Holders - I started these probably 5 years ago.  Time I finish them up.  There are parts for at least 10 holders.  I started to work on this last quarter and realized that the pieces I had cut were either side A or B, but the A ones didn't coordinate color-wise with the B ones.  I need to either find more scraps or cut up these bits and put them in my scrap bins.

I didn't work on these at all!



#11 Flower panels - While cleaning I found these, and had forgotten about them.  These panels are backed and need to be stitched and turned into a cute bag.

I didn't touch this project either



#12 Scrap Crystals - The top is done and now it needs to be quilted, bound and labeled.  Pattern is by Bonnie Hunter.



#13 Midnight Flight - I took this class from Bonnie Hunter during her visit to my local guild.  I have one block and a bunch of pieces complete, but am really looking forward to finishing this one.

I made a couple blocks, but really need to dedicate time to this one.


#14 Darth Vader Lap Quilt - All done and my son loves it.




 #15 Solar System Lap Quilt - All done!



#16 Live, Love & Laugh Wall hangings (2) - I finished both of these wall hangings



#17 Alphabet baby quilt #1 - All done!


#18 Alphabet baby quilt #2 - All done!























#19 Construction Machine baby quilt - All done!



#20 Around Town baby quilt  - All done!

#21 Construction Jobsite baby quilt - All done



#22 Hexagon Quilt - This quilt I made on a complete whim, and it was pretty fast to put together.  Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts has been showing us a hexagon quilt over the last couple of months, that she is slowly adding to.  As I was cleaning up my quilting room one day, I had many 10 inch squares left from my gravity quilt.

This one is also DONE!






So my goal was to get 13-14 projects completed....  in total I was able to complete 12 of my goals, and I would say that is pretty awesome!  I also finished a baby quilt that was not on this list and started a new Queen sized quilt as well!  More on those in my Q4 Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment