Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lotus Baby Quilt

The last of my finishes for the weekend was Lotus, for my Cousin Jessica’s new baby girl.  The baby was born about 3 months ago, so it’s about time I finished the quilt and mailed it off.

At the beginning of the quarter it was just a quilt top.  As usual I did the quilting on the machines at Quilting-by-you.  This time I went out of my comfort zone, as I have wanted to try my hand at stars.  Since the fabrics are so busy I figured this was the best time to try it out.  I think the quilting turned out okay, but I without question need to practice stars some more.   Hopefully I can get this quilt mailed out this week as my cousin knows it is complete, thanks to social media, and will be looking for it in the mail.  I hope she likes it when she sees it, as it is quite different than the one I made for her other daughter!


Pattern: Jaybird Quilts Lotus







3rd Quarter goals: Goal posting

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and I love how you quilted the stars!
    "Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad."

    ReplyDelete